We have improved the "Knightlighter™" Automatic Gas Light Igniter,
making it more functional and smaller in size.
Cut your gas costs and carbon footprint by adding our Electronic Ignition System (for all gas lighting) to your manual gas light! Now you can customize your own design by choosing from several available options below to build your
Open Flame Igniter/Burner set-up; all included in one low price!
The KnightLighterTM gas lamp igniter cuts gas costs and carbon dioxide emissions by 50% by keeping the lamp off during daylight hours. Savings can amount to $165 to $250 or more per year, depending on the price of natural gas or propane. Greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced by almost 2000 pounds per year for a typical 3-pointed open flame burner, just by keeping the gas lamp off during the day.
The 24VAC gas lamp igniter can save even more, as it can be used with a wall switch, timer, remote control, or home control system, to conveniently turn the lamp on for just a few hours per night or as desired.
Using an integrated flame sensor, the gas lantern reignites automatically if the wind blows the flame out. If it's too
windy to ignite, the gas supply is turned off after several ignition attempts.
KnightLighterTM gas light igniters have been designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. since 1999.
- Provides Automatic Operation of a gas light
- Igniters now have an Ion flame sensor (Open Flame Only), allowing easy switch operation.
- A complementary Photo Flame Sensor is installed in addition to the Ion flame sensing technology. The dual flame sensors provide more reliable flame detection and better
performance than systems with only the Ion Flame Sensor. The Photo Flame Sensor also works with mantle burners, making the KnightLighter™ more flexible than other gas light igniter systems.
- Operates on 24VAC, 100mA; requires 24V AC transformer, sold seperately. Transformer may be ordered below.
- Smaller igniter size, 2.2” x 2.2” x 4.2” (including gas valve); fits in the bottom of most gas lights
- Gas solenoid valve port: 1/8" NPT input and output; adapts to most burner assemblies
- Allows for manual control with a switch or automatic control using
Daylight Photo-sensors (see Modes of Operation ). In either choice, the igniter will sense the presence of a flame and will relight the burner if the flame blows out
- Choose Propane or Natural Gas
- Includes your choice of Knightronix™
Open Flame Burner
- Includes your choice of
- Includes your choice of
QuickConnect Plug-in Receptacle kit; may also be ordered without QuickConnect options.
QuickConnect Plug-in Receptacles for more information. With the QuickConnect Plug-in Receptacle fittings, the entire assembly can be exchanged without using tools as easily as changing a light-bulb; this greatly simplifies field support. The QuickConnect Plug-in Receptacle is also interchangeable with the Knightronix QuickConnect Modular
Manual Burner Plug-in Assemblies
- Includes our standard Direct Wire™ Probe (Open Flame or Mantle Burners)
or upgrade to a Dual Probe with
for Open Flame Burners; extra charge.
- Igniter may also be purchased separately; using our standard Direct Wire™ Probe (included, with instructions), igniter
will also work with your Open Flame burner configuration.
- 6V Battery version also available
- Not recommended for indoor use
We can do "Customized Igniter Integrations" for almost any type of gas light. Please contact us for more information.
Dealer Pricing available as well as reduced shipping charges for larger quantity orders. Contact us for more information.
Daylight Sensor Option:
Do You need a Transformer?:
Ignition Probe Choice:
Plug-in Receptacle Kit:
Shipping & Handling (Each):